The Jealous Print Studio gang will be holding screen printing workshops for beginners at Cass Art, Islington on the May 1st & 7th!
The Jealous Print Studio gang will be holding beginners workshops in screen printing at Cass Art, Islington on the May 1st & 7th!
A workshop for all ages and for those with little or no experience of screen printing.
The workshop is based on what you can do with the screen printing kits from Daler Rowney and Speedball with a little creativity thrown in.
The aims of the workshop are that, by the end of the afternoon, everyone will have made a small series of screen prints using only the contents of the kits and a few other basic materials and that everyone will leave feeling confident to make their own prints at home.
Learn how to:
- - Make screen printing stencils from cut or torn paper
- - Make screen printing stencils in two different ways by drawing directly onto the screen
- - Mix screen printing inks in a variety of colours and transparencies
- - Print onto paper, card and canvas
- - Make prints using more than one colour
- - Finish prints beautifully by hand tearing paper edges and simple debossing
- - Clean and reclaim screens so they can be used again and again
The workshop will take place alongside an exhibition of screen prints made by the artists and printers of Jealous Print Studio hosted at The Cass Art Space Islignton. We hope that these will demonstrate the possibilities of the medium and perhaps act as an inspiration for the participants.
Booking essential, all materials included!