Jealous Needs You
Established in 2011 and headed by illustrator and Jealous Creative Director Jess Wilson, Jealous Needs You (JNY) invites submissions of artworks with a graphic persuasion to make up a portfolio of new screenprint editions.
In 2016, JNY came back bigger and bolder then ever and saw the Jealous Print Studio select and produce beautiful and diverse limited edition screenprints for 72 artists, designers and illustrators, working to a brief of 50 x 70cm, and a maximum of 2-3 colours. The project also earnt itself a month-long exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery as part of a three-leg tour across London.
The full range of Jealous Needs You works were debuted to a buzzing opening evening crowd at our Shoreditch gallery space, before heading over to Jealous Crouch End. Following a visit by Saatchi Gallery’s Paul Foster to the exhibition, we were asked if we would be happy to tour the new portfolio of Jealous editions to the Kings Road space for a month, and we were only too happy to oblige!
The JNY '16 portfolio included a mix of established artists, such as Marion Deuchars, Carl Cashman, Rose Blake, Hattie Stewart and Holly Wells, as well as international talent from the USA with Aaron Jupin and Tyler Spangler, and Massagon from Japan.
There were also exciting emerging artists who made their stamp on this lively, varied and colourful portfolio of affordable graphic prints.
JEALOUS NEEDS YOU 2018 PORTFOLIO
2018 marks our 10th Birthday and this JNY portfolio will be the suitably special. We will only select 30 winners from the open submissions, which we welcome from all artists from all stages of their career.
The brief is
- an image which can be turned into a 3-5 Colour Screenprint. Think about overlapping layers to create further colours.
- the paper size will be 75 x 55cm portrait.
- we have a full range of colours and can work with metallics, varnishes, pearls, etc.
- keep in mind that we're a waterbased studio!
- we are open to ideas that are out of the box and involved hand-drawn/cut elements from the artist.
How it works
- we print the edition of 36 in our print studios in Shoreditch
- we then split the edition 50/50 with the artist
- the artist receives half the edition to sell as they wish
- the price must remain the same, regardless of where it is sold
Submissions are now closed >>>>